Posted to rec.food.baking
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Icing query

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...

> Fruitcakes or Chrimas cakes in the UK are often wrapped in marzipan and
> then frosted. It's rarely done in the US.
>
> Oh pshaw, on Wed 29 Nov 2006 04:06:17p, Mary meant to say...
>
>> WHY are you even considering frosting a fruit cake ?????

Thanks Wayne, I didn't realise it was a uk thing. Can I assume that wedding
cakes in the US are sponge with frosting? I guess this rules out 3 tier
w/cakes? as I assume sponge wouldn't take the weight.
Newsgroup Uk.food+drink seems to be pitched more toward restaurant food, but
I think I'll repost it there. Thanks anyway.

Bertie