Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL PeterL is offline

Default Deep fried Duck or Goose

Luan Pham > wrote in
:

> I know when deep fried Turkey oil must be at 400 degree, and cook at 3
> minutes per pound + 5 before turkey is ready. If I want to deep fried
> Duck or Goose what setting I need to do it right?

http://www.theamericanoutdoorsman.co...h-recipes.html

Deep Fried Duck, Goose or Wild Turkey Recipe

Duck, goose or wild turkey breast
1 Bottle Lawry's Caribbean Jerk Marinade
2 Cups Flour
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
McCormick's Seasoned Pepper

# Cut Breast meat into 1/2" wide strips
# Put meat in a zip lock bag and add enough Caribbean Jerk to cover meat
- save extra marinade to serve with meat
# Marinade at least 1 hour to overnight
# Mix seasoned salt and pepper in flour to taste and put in a second zip
lock bag
# Remove meat from marinade and dredge in flour
# Heat oil in skillet at medium high heat
# Fry, turning once, until golden brown
# Remove and use extra marinade as dipping sauce

by Mark Tobin

In my opnion......... go to China town (there's one in *every* city!!)
and get a BBQ'd duck.

You *cannot* go wrong there.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml