Posted to rec.food.baking
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default UK yeast query

Bruce wrote:
> We live on a remote island in Orkney, Scotland. My wife has made her own
> bread using Harvest Gold "fast action dried yeast" (in 6g sachets) for
> several years but our village shop now tells us their wholesalers cannot
> get any more supplies. Has anyone else had difficulty in obtaining
> Harvest Gold dried yeast?

I discovered that HomePride <www.homeprideflour.co.uk/> produces Harvest
Gold Yeast so I sent them an email asking if there was a problem with
obtaining supplies? The response from > was
as follows:
"Thank you for your contact. I am sorry to disappoint you but Harvest
Gold Yeast is only now sold in Morrisons stores and I understand that
you do not have Morrisons in Orkney. I am sorry that I could not be of
more help."
Fortunately we have some friends who live near a Morrisons supermarket
so we shall be able to obtain supplies.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney