Posted to alt.food.wine
Hunt Hunt is offline

Default ideal restaurant wine list

In article >, says...

http://thebillet.co.uk/menu/view_specials.asp#

>Tom wrote:
>
>> A friend is designing a restaurant for a class and asked me for help
>> with the wine list. So I have a fun (I find it fun) question for the
>> wine community: what would be on your ideal restaurant wine list?
>> there's no regional cuisine associated with the restaurant, but it is
>> proposed to be "upscale" maybe $25-40 a plate. she's looking for some
>> specific wine recomendations, from the everyday to the extravagant, the
>> common to rare to infamous names.
>>
>> thanks for any help, maybe this restaurant will exist someday
>> -tomw
>>
>> p.s. general retail prices would also help (markup is tbd)

Dang, they are quite a bit outside of London. I guess that I'll have to travel
to the country and give them a try. Thanks for the link.

Hunt

PS Just did the Greenhouse in Mayfair and they, too, had a wonderful wine
list. Did the sommelier's pairing with a six-course menu and it was almost
over the top.