Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
me2 me2 is offline

Default How do I make a really good red wine ? (Blueberries ?)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:12:29 -0800, guy wrote:

>>" Is there any way to improve the quality of the wine this kit will make
>> without crushing grapes ? How about adding some raisins to the fermenter ?"
>>

> See the following thread about adding raisins to kit wine,
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...browse_thread/

thread/1b5991f22f8938e8/a00c73a08c6d1399?lnk=gst&q=adding+raisin+kits&
rnum=1&hl=en#a00c73a08c6d1399

> Guy

Thanks.

The reason I thought I'd add raisins was to increase the body of the
wine. Raisins are, after all, grapes. I read about doing this somewhere,
but I can't remember where. I think it was in Winemaking by Andersen and
Andersen, but I haven't had time to find the quote.

I guess I will stick to the stock process this time.