Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom[_3_] Tom[_3_] is offline

Default ideal restaurant wine list

Tom wrote:
> A friend is designing a restaurant for a class and asked me for help
> with the wine list. So I have a fun (I find it fun) question for the
> wine community: what would be on your ideal restaurant wine list?
> there's no regional cuisine associated with the restaurant, but it is
> proposed to be "upscale" maybe $25-40 a plate. she's looking for some
> specific wine recomendations, from the everyday to the extravagant, the
> common to rare to infamous names.
>
> thanks for any help, maybe this restaurant will exist someday
> -tomw
>
> p.s. general retail prices would also help (markup is tbd)

Maybe I should have been more specific, sorry. Location i believe will
be Baltimore, and for prices she knows distributor's prices in MD.
There is an overall idea for the wine list, and the restaurant is
attempting to cater to the ("elitist, eurocentric") oenophile's.
What I was trying to ask is what wines would all of you, as wine geeks,
would love to have on a wine list. which bordeaux or borolo would make
your mouth water when you saw it on the wine list?
I have helped where I can, but my experience is mostly under $15
bottles, although that is changing to the detriment of my wallet

-tomw
"waiting for a credit card in the mail so I can try many more wines"