Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
[email protected] neo3815@gmail.com is offline

Default hot coffee

Chris ¼g¹D¡G

> I recently purchased a French press unit, which I love. But it's not
> insulated, so the coffee cools quickly. Any suggestions? I thought
> about a warming plate, but all that seems to be available is mug size.
> Haylp!

well
i would suggest you pour some hot water into your press first to warm
the press
then pour out the hot water just before brewing,that's should be better

you may try use a fast-reacting thermometer to see what's the temp of
the glass, it should be very high, mine is around 50'C
well, you can also see how fast does the temperature of hot water drop
in your press, try to maintain it around 92-94'C in most of the brewing
time