Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] jennyskeptic@yahoo.com is offline

Default Poor Kilikini!!!!!!

I haven't seen much discussion on this board about Kilikini's new
surgery, so I assume that very few of you know exactly what is going on
with her.

She a very aggressive tumor removed in late June, but the tumor
reappeared. I know that in one post she said it had spread to her arm
and the doctors thought they might have to amputate her arm. On top of
that, she was diagnosed with a liver disorder and she was told if her
treatment didn't work, she might need a transplant! She said that this
has nothing to do with her drinking - - she said on another website
that she has cut down to only 6 beers a day (down from 12). In fact,
the doctors said that she could have up to two drinks a day. She just
had to radically modify her diet (no leafy greens, etc.).

Anyhow, she had surgery this past Tuesday, and her website
(www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini) said that she DIED on the table,
but fortunately they were able to resusciate her! I read on another
newsgroup that she told Damsel that she was sure she would die during
the surgery, and I guess her premonition came true. Thankfully, they
got her back to life!!!! The poor woman has been through so much with
her health lately!

Her financial health hasn't been so great lately, either. Allan (her
husband) has had to take off a lot of work to get her to and from the
clinic (5 hours away), and she said that they were behind in their rent
and their electric was about to be cut off.

It makes you wonder how one person can handle! She said on another
website that her recuperation period may be up to a year, so she's
certainly got a long road ahead of her.

Thought you all might like to know so you could keep her in your
thoughts.