Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Jack Tyler Jack Tyler is offline

Default Thanksgiving meal mostly original Amerindian stuff

Gunner wrote:
> "Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
> " Much of what was eaten on that first "Thanksgiving"
> day was grown from seeds brought over here by the Pilgrims.
>
> Jack
>
> Really? Can you reference that and what specifically was brought over here
> as seed ?

Like another poster here, my ancestors were "pilgrims", but came over
later than the Mayflower. I read accounts from time to time of the
early days in the colonies. Caleb Johnson, also descended from
pilgrims, studies these things and has a few websites. A website
covering what we are discussing here is:

http://members.aol.com/calebj/thanksgiving.html

There aren't very many accounts of exactly what was brought over and
what was eaten in 1621, but some things are known from letters, etc.

Jack