Old 26-11-2006, 03:40 PM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Jack Tyler Jack Tyler is offline

Default Thanksgiving meal mostly original Amerindian stuff

Gunner wrote:
"Jack Tyler" wrote in message
" Much of what was eaten on that first "Thanksgiving"
day was grown from seeds brought over here by the Pilgrims.

Jack

Really? Can you reference that and what specifically was brought over here
as seed ?

Like another poster here, my ancestors were "pilgrims", but came over
later than the Mayflower. I read accounts from time to time of the
early days in the colonies. Caleb Johnson, also descended from
pilgrims, studies these things and has a few websites. A website
covering what we are discussing here is:

http://members.aol.com/calebj/thanksgiving.html

There aren't very many accounts of exactly what was brought over and
what was eaten in 1621, but some things are known from letters, etc.

Jack