Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Default Turkey Gravy Revisited (long)

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Never thought of using the crockpot overnight. Hmmm... I usually cook the
> giblets the night before and finish it off the next day. Thanks for the
> suggestion.

It generates a ton of useful meat for dressing and gravy as well. Plus
if you cook it without onion or onion powder, the kitties and/or
doggies get a real treat, too. I just threw in 7 large necks and
about a cup of water, with a touch of garlic powder. The necks
generated the rest of the broth.

> My biggest regret this year is no turkey carcass to make broth with. Day
> after Thanksgiving I always used to make broth. There was almost always
> enough bones, meat etc. to make a decent broth. It's not a full flavored
> stock but good enough for soups. The house smelled terrific.

Yes - I generally utilize all of the carcass that I can, as well.
Turkey is great in that regard.

-L.