Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bronwyn Bronwyn is offline

Default Turkey Gravy Revisited (long)

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Thu 23 Nov 2006 10:15:49p, Bronwyn meant to say...
>

> > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >> I've always made decent gravy, in fact most people would say excellent,
> >> but I wanted to try something different this year. The results were
> >> superior to anything I've made in the past. This is what I did...
> >>
> >>[snip]
> >> --
> >> Wayne Boatwright
> >>
> >> Useless Invention: Solar powered night light.

> > Your're way too good Wayne! What a good job. Hope your TDay and
> > festivities are everything you wish for.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Bronwyn
> >

> Why thanks, Bronwyn! Coming from you, I consider that a huge compliment!
>
> We had a lovely and very relaxing day. This was our last holiday meal in
> this house, as we are moving in December, sometime just short of Christmas.
> I'm looking forward to a new and larger kitchen.
>
> Have you planned your Christmas meal yet? I'm always curious, since our
> climates/seasons are topsy turvy.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
>
> Useless Invention: Solar powered night light.

A new kitchen - now that's something to look forward to!

Last Xmas you might recall we spent the week on an island off South
Australia with DH and my twin with great seafood on the menu.
This year, still the three of us (I/m thinking of putting mirrors
around the room to get the numbers up to 6!!!) Altho' my DH would
protest-eth that 4 of me would be way too many!
Seriously, I'm hoping our doctor and his wife will join us if they are
in town.

It will be here this year - should hot and humid no doubt. Thinking
seafood - maybe a whole large fish like snapper oven roasted in the
Webber....
My pecan plum pudding is world reknown (well, family known) but you
need a bigger crowd. Maybe a lovely cheesecake made from scratch...
Years and years ago I had a couple of Xmas in US (D.C. or Fairfax Va)
and 2 in Niagara, Ont) visiting friends. I would dearly love to have a
Thanksgiving in the US - maybe in 2007 - as I've pencilled in a Houston
visit in early Nov for a quilt convention. Then I'll call you all in
for an invite to TD LOL.
....have to go, will continue...
Bronwyn