Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default foil on bottom of oven?

Oh pshaw, on Wed 22 Nov 2006 09:24:18a, Peter meant to say...

> "skyhooks" > wrote in message
>> Peter wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it safe to put aluminium foil on the bottom of the oven to make
>>> clean up easier?

>> Why wouldn't it be safe? Instead of foil, which is rather flimsy, I
>> buy disposable "oven liners" that are made of similar stuff like the
>> disposable baking and roasting tins one can buy at a lot of stores.
>> These oven liners are flat with a little bit of a built-in rim. They
>> usually come in a pack of two and are inexpensive.
>>
>> Sky

> I couldn't think of any reason, but before I go ruin something I figured
> I would ask. I just finished a lengthy cleaning session that I don't
> feel like doing again :-) I'll keep an eye out for the liners.

Whatever you put down there, make sure that it doesn't actually touch the
electric heating element.

Even with a self-cleaning oven, I use a disposable oven liner on the
bottom. It's helpful if you have an accidental spillover.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬