Posted to rec.food.baking
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default dough mixer recommendation?

Why not get another bread machine? It sounds as though the borrowed one
met your kneads. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Zojirushi makes highly regarded bread machines that I would expect to be
available pretty much everywhere. The nice thing about the machines, as
you already know, is that they can not only do the dough mixing, but
also provide a controlled environment for proofing/rising, and if need
be, can bake a decent loaf of bread to completion.

I never thought I'd do so, but last year we actually used the jam-making
capabilities of our bread machine when we got a bargain deal on a LOT of
blueberries. The bread machine did an excellent job with little fuss.
That's certainly a capability the big stand mixers can't claim.

Bob
In article . com>,
says...