Posted to japan.sake,alt.food.sushi,rec.crafts.winemaking,soc.culture.japan
Gerry[_3_] Gerry[_3_] is offline

Default Sake Guide

http://www.sakeonline.com

> is that the url? looks like a domain-camper page.

No, no no. Totally confused. Here it is:

http://www.sake-world.com is Guantner's with a monthly newsletter for
subscribers.

http://www.truesake.com is the one that also offers for sale.

>> So last week I'm in a joint in Shinjuku and have been introduced to a
>> guy and when he says he's from Niigata (actually a mountain town
>> nearby--even better), I realize I'm sitting with two sake-drinkers
>> countrmen from opposing sides!

> excellent!!
>
>> If only the GOOD stuff from their respective prefectures had
>> been stocked then the obvious winner could be named.

> of course! the bottles that got away... thats an amazing story, wish i
> coulda seen them square off.
>

>> Hakai-san from Niigata and Nanbu Bigin from Morioka
>> Both are fabulous.

> thanks for the tip. heres a write up on the nanbu folks:
> http://www.esake.com/Brewers/NanbuBi...nbubijinb.html
>
> might Hakai-san be the same as Hakkaisan? quite a bit online.

I'm sure that's true. I didn't see a spelling for it. And I actualy
misspelled what I thought was the other. I thought it was actually
Nambu Bijin. Whatever: close enough for a sake head.
--
What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in.