Posted to rec.food.cooking
Erik Erik is offline

Default Imagawayaki - Cooking via cast iron pan

aem wrote:
> Does it have a hinge that lets it fold in half making a lid?

No, I'm afraid not. It's just the pan.

> It may not be seasoned well. It should be fairly nonstick. A spray of
> oil might help until you get it well seasoned. Since you got it at a
> yard sale you may need to scrub it and go through the typical seasoning
> process. Crumple up several paper towels to a size suitable for the
> cups/indentations and moisten that with oil. Get the pan really hot.
> Using tongs, wipe the cups' bottoms and sides with the oiled paper,
> return to the heat for a bit. Cool and wipe again. Rinse and dry.
> Repeat if necessary.

I'll give this a shot. After acquiring it, I did put a layer of Crisco
on it and put it in the oven for about an hour (more instructions I
found on the Internet). Maybe I should scrub the whole thing down and
start over.

Thank you for your help,
Erik