Posted to japan.sake,alt.food.sushi,rec.crafts.winemaking,soc.culture.japan
[email protected] matt@mailinator.com is offline

Default Sake Guide

Gerry wrote:
> BLAST YOU! How DARE you put up something that can be disagreed with by
> aimless passers-by, and so on and so forth.

hah...but you must know i wouldnt put that there if it hadnt been done
already -- when i was dong the graphics for the site i popped into a
japanese language group, and they began firing the torpedoes on my
little project... harping on (initially) incorrect symbols, critizing
my copy style, etc.. and they werent even in japan -- scholars, go
figure!

> By the way, you oughta check out Guantner-sama's site:
> http://www.sakeonline.com

is that the url? looks like a domain-camper page.

> So last week I'm in a joint in Shinjuku and have been introduced to a
> guy and when he says he's from Niigata (actually a mountain town
> nearby--even better), I realize I'm sitting with two sake-drinkers
> countrmen from opposing sides!

excellent!!

> If only the GOOD stuff from their respective prefectures had
> been stocked then the obvious winner could be named.

of course! the bottles that got away... thats an amazing story, wish i
coulda seen them square off.

> Hakai-san from Niigata and Nanbu Bigin from Morioka
> Both are fabulous.

thanks for the tip. heres a write up on the nanbu folks:
http://www.esake.com/Brewers/NanbuBi...nbubijinb.html

might Hakai-san be the same as Hakkaisan? quite a bit online.

matt