Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
HobbesOxon HobbesOxon is offline

Default Unassuming tea blossom pitcher

That's a very pretty jug. I recently bought two similar ones from ITC
which are a little more squat:

http://tinyurl.com/arxa4

There's something satisfying about thick glass. Conversely, there's
something unsatisfying about thin glass. I recently bought three of
these from Dragon Tea House:

http://tinyurl.com/vqj7l

The service from this vendor is excellent (he very kindly offered to
resend another saucer that was cracked in transit), but the gaiwans are
exceptionally thin glass. This means that I can no longer pour with
one hand: the lid becomes so hot when pouring that one cannot hold the
lid on with just a thumb. I have to use the other hand to gingerly
hold the lid at its edges, which is a pity.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good thick-glass gaiwan? The
thicker and heavier, the better.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes