Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Vicky Conlan Vicky Conlan is offline

Default Nut Roast

According to >:
>> Does anyone have a good Nut Roast recipe?

>I'm not sure I've ever made a nut roast! I do like them though.

Heh, I think I've only ever had someone make me one once, and I've never
gone near it since. He spent a lot of time and effort on it, too, which
is a shame. But it was /so/ heavy. Comparing to the one posted later in
the thread, I think the difference was that he used whole nuts, or at
least, coursely grated. But it was also wrapped in pasty (puff pasty, I
think) and served with a spicy tomato sauce (ick). Very very chewy and
heavy.