Posted to rec.food.cooking
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default how much active yeast do I need to make .25 teaspoon of instant yeast?

It sounds like you are thinking about trying the NYT no-knead bread
recipe that's been making the rounds recently. My guess is that, given
the fermentation times specified in the recipe, you won't see a whole
lot of difference between the two types of yeast, unless your active
yeast is very old, and possibly relegated to inactive status.

If you want some insurance, you could get your "active" yeast started in
some warm water (subtracted from the 1 5/8 cups specified in the recipe)
for 15 or 20 minutes before adding it to the mixture.

Bob
In article . com>,
says...