Gregory Morrow

Default What's in St. Louis?

Dog3 wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > got ****ed off and typed
> :
>
> > I'm going to a bonsai convention in St. Louis, MO next week and I've
> > never been there before. Where do I want to go and what foods do I
> > need to try?
> >
> > I expect a full report on my desk in the morning.
> >
> > Pastorio
> >

> Hmmm... depends on what you like. You need to try some restaurants on

The
> Hill. Maybe hit Tonys. I'm going to be in town next week. I'd love to
> meet you for lunch or dinner. This bonsai convention, is it at the
> Botanical Gardens? My friend Leo may be in from Arizona that week. He
> does something every year at the garden about this time. Brian can help
> out with this too. You can hit the trendy places in my old neighborhood,
> The Central West End. Cafe Balaban, Zoe's, and Kopperman's Deli.
> Dressel's Pub is my favorite burger joint. Then there are several nice
> spots in my current neck of the woods. Zinnia comes to mind immediately.
> Whatcha' like to do?

Tucker's in Soulard for cheap but good steaks...and is the South City Diner
still open?

There is that place in Soulard that's a church converted to a resto...it was
famous for a good Sunday brunch...was (is) it Patty Long's? I know they
used to be in Lafayette Square....

Also (depending on the days the OP is there) I'd recommend a trip to the
Soulard Farmer's Market. It's pretty neat...we don't have anything like it
here in Chicago. Say "Hi" to the live poultry for me if you go ;--)

Oh! Ted Drewe's frozen custard!

--
Best
Greg