Posted to alt.food.wine
jIM jIM is offline

Default 3i. NY Finger Lakes?

Charles wrote:
> Bully Hill is a great place for lunch but their wines are horrible.
> Dano's is a fantastic Austro-Hungarian restaurant that shouldn't be
> missed. Standing Stone makes a nice Vidal Ice Wine. Weimer is one of
> the best, as if Ravines, but they are both making riesling in what is,
> to me, more of an old world style. The winemaker at Ravines used to be
> the winemaker at Konstantin Frank, but he left for the more boutique
> style of Ravines. Lamoreaux, Lafayette, and A****er are all good. Stay
> away from Glenora. . .

I was not impressed with customer service at Weimer (West side of
Seneca, correct?)- that was only winery I visted all weekend and did
not buy something (out of 15 visited). They had flies all over the
inside, had a small tasting room, and the one lady working there was
quite rude.

There wines were more on the dry side as well.