Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default REC - Roasted Red Potatoes

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:36:22 GMT, unge (Little
Malice) wrote:

>This is yet another recipe from my "must try" file (I'll have to
>start calling it my MTF).

Heh. MTF means something entirely different in the circles I run in.

Here's one from my own "must try" file:

Thai Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Serves 4-6

You need:
Vegetable oil
2 onions
1 chilli (optional)
2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste.
1 kg pumpkin
4 potatoes
2 carrots
750 ml chicken stock
50 ml fish sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 lime
Fresh Coriander - chopped
Cocounut Milk (to swirl when serve)

Method:
Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan with the diced onion and
chilli,
add the Thai red curry paste, and cook until onions are softened.
Place the peeled, diced pumpkin, potatoes and carrots in a saucepan or
pressure cooker, add the cooked onions and the chicken stock.
Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 min until very soft, faster
in a
pressure cooker. (in the PC is takes 10 minutes)
Allow to cool a little then add chopped coraiander and blend until
smooth. Season to taste with fish sauce, brown sugar and limejuice.

At this point you can continue or it can be left to develop the
flavour
overnight in the refrigerator.

To serve: warm in the microwave or in a saucepan and drizzle with
coconut milk
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com