Seymour Man

Default Wanting professional book advice

"jacqui{JB}" > wrote in message >...

Thanks for your response to my question about professional cookbooks.

1 question I have is this. You can purchase previous editions of
books like Larousse or Professional Chef on Ebay for $5-10 in very
nice condition.

Since I am only interested in cooking techiniques and ingredient
preparations and such and not recipes would these be recommended.

I guess my question is how much different would the 2001 edition of
Larousse be from the 1988 edition? And the same with The New
Professional Chef. CIA seems to put out a new editon every few years.
What really changes?

Thanks
Duane Riggs