BOB

Default I cooked with my cast Iron last night

Vince Poroke typed:
> Damn was it delicious. I made a pork chop casserole in a 7 qt Dutch
> oven in my oven. It was tender and delicious. There was a flavor
> there that added a complexity that I don't know if I could have
> achieved with any other cooking utensil. I put the Dutch oven on the
> stove and heated some olive oil. Browned the chops, what was great it
> that the cooking was even so it was a consistent Maillard coloring.
> Took them out and caramelized some onion slices, threw in some
> shallots and garlic until they were soft. I deglazed the oven with
> chicken stock and wine. I poured in some cream, fresh sage and thyme
> and stirred then added the chops. Covered it and threw it in the oven
> on 275 for an hour and 15. I cooked some stovetop stuffing. I
> removed the Dutch oven, gave the sauce a stir and added a little milk
> because it was getting a little thick. I poured in some peas and
> carrot and covered each chop with the stuffing. I put it back in the
> oven uncovered for 15 minutes and 325. I understand that it may sound
> strange but it was absolutely perfect. It was a new Dutch Oven with
> only two seasons to it so the food stuck here and there but no more
> than any casserole dish. Let me know if any one has any other tried
> Dutch oven recipes.

My brother cooks in his Dutch oven all the time. He sent me this link:
http://www.idos.com/Recipes/archives/recarc.htm and says that all that he has
tried are great. I haven't tried any, I prefer my Kamado grills.

BOB
ps, I have eaten several of the cobblers that he said came from this
list...they were great