Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig biig is offline

Default Midweek survey on the RFC website: Aprons...

jmcquown wrote:

> Jean B. wrote:
> > Chatty Cathy wrote:
> >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >> Vote now!
> >>
> >> Thanks go to skyhooks for sending in this survey.
> >>

> > I have to add to my survey response, that my 16-y-o
> > (non-lemming) daughter wears short aprons as a fashion
> > accessory! She finds the pockets useful. Hence, when I am
> > prowling around antiques stores, I have to be on the lookout
> > for interesting ones.

> They can be fun! I'm not your daughter but I find the Victorian style
> (crossed in the back) bibbed aprons to be absolutely charming! Makes me
> think of old black & white movies and where's my ruffled cap with the
> ribbons down the back? You can find some with nice stenciling on the
> front or embroidered. Some of them are too pretty to get all messed up.
>
> Jill

My DH and I take turns saying grace for our meal. One night, after
making a large meal, I was tired and said "I cook, you pray", even
though it was my turn. It was a few minutes before I realized the
double meaning....lol.. My son and his fiance had that embroidered on an
apron for me.....