Vince Poroke

Default I cooked with my cast Iron last night

Damn was it delicious. I made a pork chop casserole in a 7 qt Dutch
oven in my oven. It was tender and delicious. There was a flavor
there that added a complexity that I don't know if I could have
achieved with any other cooking utensil. I put the Dutch oven on the
stove and heated some olive oil. Browned the chops, what was great it
that the cooking was even so it was a consistent Maillard coloring.
Took them out and caramelized some onion slices, threw in some
shallots and garlic until they were soft. I deglazed the oven with
chicken stock and wine. I poured in some cream, fresh sage and thyme
and stirred then added the chops. Covered it and threw it in the oven
on 275 for an hour and 15. I cooked some stovetop stuffing. I
removed the Dutch oven, gave the sauce a stir and added a little milk
because it was getting a little thick. I poured in some peas and
carrot and covered each chop with the stuffing. I put it back in the
oven uncovered for 15 minutes and 325. I understand that it may sound
strange but it was absolutely perfect. It was a new Dutch Oven with
only two seasons to it so the food stuck here and there but no more
than any casserole dish. Let me know if any one has any other tried
Dutch oven recipes.