Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_1_] st.helier[_1_] is offline

Default Meyney, Seghesio (Zin, not Piedmont), Fauna

"DaleW" wrote ...................

> 2004 Fauna Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough) partially based on name- I
> assume (with picture of bird) that the name is a little dig at the
> trend towards animal-named wines. A functional if unexciting SB-
> gooseberry fruit with just a hint of grapefruit and jalapeno.

This is another of those export only labels available only in the US -
marketing by a company called Precept Brands.

I have no idea which NZ winery is responsible, however, by both the price
and your description, it sounds like an avenue to quit some lower grade
"pressings"

Dale, if you still have the bottle, what is the barcode, please - if it
starts with 94* (New Zealand's prefix) then I will be able to identify the
maker.

Anyway, why just name your wine Monkey Bay or Goat Pass or Cat's Pee when
you can encompass the entire spectrum of NZ wildlife in one generic name?

--

st.helier