Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Steve[_6_] Steve[_6_] is offline

Default California Connoisseur Wine Kit - Pinot Noir - suggestions?

Dave I run a small FOP (Ferment on Premises) and we sell Vineco kits
Thus we make California Connoisseur kits all the time. However, Pinot
Noir is not that popular in this area, and we have not been carrying
the Pinot Noir.

First the company name is Vineco. The brand is California
Connoisseur. Ken Ridge is another brand from Vineco.

Second Winexpert is also a Canadian company. Both Vineco and
Winexpert are owned by the same company Andres Wines. If fact all
major kit brands are Canadian including Spagnols and Cellar Craft.

The California Connoisseur kits are roughly the same as Winexpert's
Vintners Reserve kits. If you are comparing to WE's Selection kits,
yes they are a lot cheaper.

We don't have problems making Calif Conn kits. The instructions seem
clear to me, but then I make Vineco kits all the time. What exactly
was unclear or lacking? BTW, WE instructions are different in a few
spots, so may not be appropriate for this kit.

If the kit didn't fit your carboy either you didn't add enough water
to the primary (15.5 litres needed) or your carboy is too large.

Did you add the bentonite at the beginning? Did you thoroughly degas
the wine before adding the isinglass clearing agent?

Steve

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:53:51 -0500, Dave Allison