Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 89 Font de Michelle, 00 St Bris

Emery Davis wrote:

> I'm very skeptical in general of 95 CdP. It got high billing from the
> locals as being similar to 88, but it clearly lacks the depth of fruit
> as well as the structure of that year. This was less obvious upon
> release of the wines.
>
> What's bizarre is that none of my 95s have really gone to sleep in the
> usual manner. They seem to fade in and out of focus, but remain
> feminine (by and large if not exclusively) and fruit forward.
>
> I certainly don't think 95 is a year for the long haul, and I really
> scratch my head thinking about RP saying 20+ years. Some
> nice wines but no great classics, and a vintage that will be
> remembered for huge price hikes and internationalization more
> than terrific quality.
>
> My 0.02ยข. What do you think?

I can't say, as the only '95 I had (Pegau) was had shortly after
release. I've steadfastly kept my hands off them as is my wont for CNdP
until year 13 or so. From what I've heard, though, I may have erred.
Certainly, it'll be interesting to contrast them to the '94s, given the
relative lack of hype accorded to the '94s.

Mark Lipton