Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Kitchenaid mixer paddle is staining food

Pete C. wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >
> > Commercial quality mixers and grinders are fitted with cast stainless
> > steel attachments... even though slightly porous as well those can
> > safely go into the dishwasher.
> >
> > Sheldon

> Which brands have cast stainless steel attachments? The 30qt Hobart I
> used most recently had an AL paddle. At those sizes and up a stainless
> paddle would get annoyingly heavy.

Heavy, not really... certanly not as heavy as those large stainless
bowls... a 90 pound weakling like you would never make it as an auto
mechanic (what with those heavy wrenches) let alone in a commercial
bakery.. whaddaya mean lift 100 lb flour sacks. That's the number one
drop out reason in the cculinary industry... hard labor... working in
a commercial kitchen is one of the most physically demanding
occupations there is. To listen to you whine I bet you can't change a
flat tire yourself... who will help you lift that spare out of the
trunk. and it's only a donut! hehe

Stainless steel is a pretty common material in the food industry, most
anything that contacts food can be ordered in stainless steel. I'm
pretty sure you can order Kitchen Aid paddles and dough hooks in
stainless. Cast stainless steel meat grinder augers are readily
available, so is the meat grinder body, even for hand grinders... more
and more tinned cast iron is shifting to cast stainless.

If you search you'll find lots more.

http://www.acitydiscount.com/21Qt-St...ink=13-050-805

http://www.bizrate.com/mixers/viking...eel+hooks.html

Sheldon