Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Oregon Wine Article.

Dana H. Myers wrote:

> Warmer weather at northern latitudes, sure, global warming
> isn't making the vintners use more new oak and pick later...

No, of course not, Dana. My semi-tongue-in-cheek comment does have a
grain of truth to it, though. Temperatures in Oregon in this century
have generally been above the average seen in the previous century.
This has afforded riper grapes, which the winemakers have had to cope
with. It's how they cope with them that is a big variable. Other
stylistic changes such as you note are a big factor as well, certainly.

Mark Lipton