Posted to rec.food.cooking
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default Kitchenaid mixer paddle is staining food

OK, I probably should have known better than to get into something that
is as contentious as the aluminum good/bad for you question. But there
*is* persistent negative buzz, right, wrong, or indifferent, just as
there is persistent negative buzz about WalMart meats, and any number of
other things. I can't say I've ever heard anything about dietary
aluminum being "good" for me or seen aluminum supplements featured on a
vitamin bottle, so from my point of view the negative buzz isn't offset
by any positive buzz.

My personal take is that (what I'm guessing is) aluminum oxide makes
foods look bad and taste bad, so given all the other reasonable cookware
and implement choices that are out there, it's something that I'll try
to avoid or at least minimize.

Nevertheless: They'll have to pry my cold, dead fingers from my box of
Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap if they want to take it away from me!

Bob
In article >,
says...