Posted to alt.food.wine
TB TB is offline

Default Oregon Wine Article.

Richard Neidich wrote:
> http://wine.appellationamerica.com/w...ne-Review.html
>
> Thought this was good article on Oregon Wine.

I have a question as a very occassional drinker of wines from the US,
and even more infrequently of those from Oregon (Which is a pity, I
always felt).

My first introduction to Oregon Pinot Noir (from WV, do not remember
the producer) was a late-90's (97 or 98) bottle. I remember it as one
with red fruit, some earth/ spice, moderate structure and good acidity.

More recent experiences (2002-03 bottles, different producers but most
prominently Kings Estate) have been with PN that could have been
Idealtypen of Californian CS: forward fruit, some residual sugar, lots
of oak which leads to development of interesting tastes and aromas
(mint, cedar) in due course.

I do know that memories lie, vintages vary and producers have their own
styles; but I wonder if there has been a movement to the current style
as alluded to in this article ("how will we ... meet the market's
desire") over the past decade in Oregon PN. Any comments would be
appreciated!

Cheers