Posted to alt.food.vegan
[email protected] Shaynelle@gmail.com is offline

Default Vegan baking basics for a non-vegan

We've invited a friend over for Christmas Eve who is Vegan. I am
somewhat familiar with Vegan food, but not fully. I was googling vegan
chocolate cake recipes and found ingredients listed such as "1 cup
granulated sugar" and "1 tsp vanilla". I thought your typical
supermarket white sugar was not vegan because of the way it was
filtered? And I also thought most vanilla was not vegan as well?

Can anyone supply me with some great vegan holiday baking recipes along
with tips on ingredients that someone unfamiliar with vegan baking
might mistakenly use?

Thanks very much!
Shaynelle