Frogleg

Default what's the easiest way to remove meat from a coconut shell?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 21:02:47 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>"Bob" > wrote in message
. com...
>> The subject says it all; what's the best way to remove the meat from a
>> coconut shell? I already figured out how to crack it open, but
>> removing the meat from the shell has proven to be difficult.

>Try a coconut scraper:
>http://www.kashmirspices.com/Coconut.htm
>
>http://www.indiaplaza.com/catalog/ca...bcat=houseware
>
>http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/coconutgraters.htm

Interesting links. I've seen the first type, but the Gourmet Sleuth
page was enlightening. I'd like to try a couple of those for
extracting the 'meat'. I love cocount chips, but it's very laborious
to peel chunks of coconut and then shave off chips.