Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default Thanksgiving Gravy Nightmares

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:18:40 -0500, Ward Abbott >
wrote:

>Why does everyone have horror stories about making gravy? We all know
>how to make a perfect béchamel sauce which is the basic, classic sauce
>technique.
>
>I hear these "MIL" stories and I can't comprehend WHY gravy continues
>to be an issue.

I found out one year, at Dad's house, that it's good to ask questions.
I was put in charge of making the Thanksgiving gravy. The flour,
sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar were in identical, unmarked
Tupperware containers.

You guessed it. I kept adding and adding, and the gravy wasn't
getting any thicker. It just kept getting sweeter. Don't ask me why
some people ate it anyway. I sure as bleep didn't!