Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] harry@reems.org is offline

Default Shredded Beef Taco Meat? Or Burrito Meat?

: > I made pozole last night with dried pozole from New Mexico. I used a
: > little over a pound of boneless pork ribs (sometimes with a big batch,
: > I'll put in a pig foot). Used Mexican oregano, thyme, epazote, chile
: > caribe & some chimayo dulce that was ground. Had limon, chopped
: > radishes, onions, & cilantro for garnish.
: >
: > Good stuff.
: >
: > T.

: I'm a big fan of pozole! Is the Chimayo pepper similar to the Hatch
: variety? Sounds great..gonna make some soon.

"boneless pork ribs"? Now there's an oxymoron!!! By definition ribs
have bone.

Chimayo chiles are shorter, thinner fleshed, and usually a bit hotter than the
usual Hatch varieties (Big Jim, NuMex, etc.). Note that there is not
a "Hatch" variety, rather, Hatch is a growing region where several chile
varieties are grown.