Posted to alt.food.wine
Hunt Hunt is offline

Default Consumer Reports Tests Wines Again

In article .com>,
says...

>Thanks for report. I've generally found the Columbia Crest GE wines to
>be very well-made, if not always exciting. Don't think I've had the
>Edna chard, though it was recommended here(Midlife,Hunt, Dana? someone
>west of me).
>
>Did the methods of preservation include smaller bottles?

[SNIP]

I liked the Edna Valley Paragon Chard. It was US$9.95/btl. and available at
World Market. It was our "house Chard" for several years, and was recently (3
years ago) replaced by the Conundrum. I still see the Edna Valley, but less
often, hence I'd have to buy several cases, when available, to be the house
wine.

As an aside, Plantation Gardens Restaurant, Kauai, Hawaii, had the Edna Valley
Chard, b-t-g for US$24. I do not mind paying a premium for restaurant wine,
and then a bit more for a b-t-g offering, but this was FAR too much. We had a
bit of a laugh on this one. Chef Mavro's, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, had a nice
b-t-g selection and even the "sommelier's 'rare' Chard," b-t-g, and a lovely
1er Cru Chassagne-Montrachet was only US$20!!!!!

Hunt