Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Jake Speed Jake Speed is offline

Default Wine from kits

I use my beer primary fermenters, minus the lids, as primaries for 5
to 6 gallon batches of wine. Been doing it for 20+ years with no
problems. I also use the same carboys, racking, and bottling
equipment (well, not the capper! <G>).

At the same time I'm a poster child for hygiene and rinsing things --
compulsiveness in this area may contribute to my success. My final
stage in cleaning my tubes is to rack a gallon of clear water through
it to get out any final residue.

I'm also not sensitive to SO2, so I wouldn't notice something that a
sensitive person would.

Bryan

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:08:43 -0400, Childfree Abby