Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
LT LT is offline

Default pain reliever + beer

> Hi, I'm new here and trying to learn about good beer. I've never
> posted here before but this is something I know about. Ibuprofen, my
> friends and I call it Vitamin "I". Great for the aches and pains of
> "older" age. Take it before strenuous exercise or work to get it into
> your system.
>
> I work in a Brewery and I'm sitting back and enjoying one of our
> products, Sam Adams Winter Lager.
>
> It used to be quanity, now it's quality.

Unfortunately I like both "Q's" which is hard on the wallet.

I've never thought of pain killers of any type as preventative, or take
pre-pain.
(is that a word?) I've got arthritis in one knee I do a fair amount of
running. (gotta work of those beer calories ya know) I've got a standing
prescription for Indocin, which is really powerful, but I hate taking it
because it makes me loopy. Not the nice loopy like vicodin, but just dizzy.
Maybe I'll try your suggestion on that one.

Thanks

Larry T