Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
ChildFree Abby ChildFree Abby is offline

Default Wine from kits

Ronin wrote:
> Ok, beer brewer here who's thinking about trying his hand at a kit
> wine. Probably use White Labs yeast and pick a fairly sweet wine to
> start with. Any recommendations, hints, tips?

New here myself, and I have learned a lot from the experienced people
here already.

My husband, though, is a experienced home brewer. It is his
recommendation that as far as equipment goes, you would be well advised
to have separate equipment for both beer and wine making. The reason
for this is that metabisulphite is extremely incompatible with beer
making; even a tiny amount trapped in a minute crevasse in a tube will
ruin an entire batch of beer.

This is not something I would want to risk. But, as the saying goes YMMV.

Abby

--
The ChildFree Abby Archives - http://www.dismal-light.net/childfreeabby/