Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] mcbragg66@yahoo.com is offline

Default Shredded Beef Taco Meat? Or Burrito Meat?

cybercat wrote:
> I made beef stew, but bought too much beef, so did not cook about two
> pounds. It's really nice, lean beef cut in smallish cubes, just a bit of
> fat.
>
> I like braised "fall apart" beef, but have been doing too much savory stuff,
> so I was thinking ... spicy and rolled in a flour tortilla with good stuff
> like shredded cheddar, tomatoes, sour cream, maybe a little fresh guacamole.
>
> Anyone have a favorite recipe, where the spices really saturate the meat?

Chop up some potatoes - about the same volume as the meat - into big,
but still bite sized, pieces. Put the mean and potatoes in your
crockpot. Cover with green salsa and cook for many many hours.

rolls up great in a tortilla with shredded cheese.

b.