Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] danicaradovanov@gmail.com is offline

Default Old Yixing teapots on Ebay

I have bought 9 pots from Anling and found them to be excellent,
although I couldn't verify their authenticity. He will sell you a
certificate of authentification if you ask for it. At least three seem
to be of pure zhuni clay, and a few other a quality clay mix. They
were all very grimy but treatment with denture cleaner, toothbrush and
q-tips cured them all. One is my best sheng puer pot, another brews
delicious da hong pao, and a third is ok, really high-pitched ring with
handmade indicators but I haven't figured out what tea works best in
it. It has a flat shape. A fourth, thicker-walled is the one I use
for high-mountain taiwanese oolongs and it really brings out their
aroma. I have gifted 2 of the pots, and three are too big for daily
use so they are sitting around my house.

What you can't tell from the pictures, but what Anling will answer to
you if you ask, is how thick the walls are of the pot.

I had a great experience with him. But get ready to spend time
cleaning.