Posted to rec.food.cooking
Barb Barb is offline

Default sugar free chocolate cake with peanut butter icing?

Anthony Davis wrote:
> Im a type 1 diabetic and my 32nd birthday is next sunday, Nov 5th. Im really
> wanting to have a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Does anyone know
> where I can find a low carb low sugar recipe for chocolate cake and peanut
> butter icing? I would really appriciate it and it would make this diabetic
> very happy!
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

I have a recipe for a low-carb chocolate cake, and suspect you could
improvise a frosting using peanut butter, whipped cream and Splenda. Or
make my chocolate sauce recipe and add some peanut butter- it would be
a bit like Nutella.

I modified my recipe for low-carb Black Forest cake below (original
recipe:
http://hometown.aol.com/terranova0/K...tml#anchor8068)

Sugarfree Chocolate Cake

My variation of Atkins' Molten Chocolate Cake recipe. I didn't have any
brick chocolate so I substituted of cocoa powder and added some
luscious extras.

6 tablespoons butter
4 TB cocoa powder
2 TB flour or lowcarb baking mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup Splenda
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
couple drops of almond extract, if desired
Whipped Cream
1/8 sugarfree chocolate bar (opt)

In a med bowl beat eggs, splenda, and vanilla for 5 full minutes--
the eggs should be foamy and very light. In another med bowl melt
butter in microwave; add cocoa powders stir well to combine; cool til
tepid but still liquid. Add flour to cocoa mix and stir until just
combined. Now fold egg mixture into cocoa mixture taking care not to
deflate it. Pour batter in buttered custard cups & place on a baking
sheet; bake 10 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare whipped
cream. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Using a vegetable peeler,
shave a few curls of chocolate over all & serve!
Makes 4 outrageously delicious servings.

Chocolate Sauce
2TB Droste cocoa powder
3 TB heavy whipping cream
1-2 TB Splenda