Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default does baileys go bad if not refrigerated?

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> The biggest problem is that I'm having a helluva time sleeping, even
> using Melatonin. :-( I'm going to make up a batch of catnip and
> chamomile tea today and try that.

Om, have you tried just a little dairy before bed? I don't
drink milk, but sometimes want a little something before I
go to sleep, while I am reading in bed. I grab whatever
light thing is around, and noticed that I sleep deeper when
it has dairy in it. I mean, I fall asleep faster and feel like I
am dragging myself up out of it when I wake up. Very
pleasant for someone with lifelong sleep problems.

Examples: a little salad with a sprinkle of cheddar and ranch.
(LOW CARB, too! And light on calories but long on flavor.)
A couple spoons of cottage cheese. (Gotta be Breakstone's
4%!) Part of a small, light yogurt. (Dannon Carb solutions is
very nice in blueberry.)

By the time it settles and I brush my teeth, I am usually getting
sleepy. Maybe it's the tryptophan? If so, a bit of turkey might
also work.

Good luck with it, insomnia is miserable.