Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Homebrew Exchange Homebrew Exchange is offline

Default Wine from kits

Beer brewer here who also does wine from kits. I've exclusively used
Winexpert kits--very good. Like Dave A. says, you're going to need a
bigger carboy--7.9 gallons--for you're primary. I've only seen these as
buckets.

Make a white first, that's a pretty good idea. Also, Winexpert makes a
brand called "Island Mist," think Boone's Farm but a bit better. If you
do decide to make a red at some point, make sure you de-gas it very
well.

Dave
http://www.homebrew-exchange.com