Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default wooden cutting board sanitation

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Note I said "recommended".
>> >
>> > Personally, I use EVOO.
>> > --
>> > Peace, Om

>> ...which becomes rancid, like all vegetable oils.

> I've never had a rancid cutting board thank you. ;-)
> I use it too frequently and wash it with hot soap and water after use.
>
> I only oil it when it needs a bit of conditioning.
>
> Do you even use a wood cutting board? I'm betting not......
> --
> Peace, Om

I only use a wooden cutting board for slicing bread, and never for
"flavored" breads. I know some authorities say wooden boards aren't more
prone to bacterial parties than the white nylon ones, but I don't believe
it. I believe my nose. I don't care if you bathe your wooden cutting board
in Chanel No. 5 - I'll still be able to tell you what food was on it most
recently.