Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet OmManiPadmeOmelet is offline

Default wooden cutting board sanitation

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > notbob > wrote:

> >> Repeated washings with soap and water will remove the oil as fast as
> >> you can apply it and prevent the oil from becoming rancid. As for
> >> mineral oil, I try to avoid using petroleum products for my food.
> >>
> >> nb

> > Note I said "recommended".
> >
> > Personally, I use EVOO.
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> ...which becomes rancid, like all vegetable oils.

I've never had a rancid cutting board thank you. ;-)
I use it too frequently and wash it with hot soap and water after use.

I only oil it when it needs a bit of conditioning.

Do you even use a wood cutting board? I'm betting not......
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.