Posted to rec.food.baking
Mr. G D Geen Mr. G D Geen is offline

Default Hard brown sugar ????

theChas. wrote:
> I have a two year old unopened package of brown sugar.... like a brick.
> There has to be a secret to 'rejuvenate' it.
> I just did my last cup of my four year old brown sugar and used my spice
> blender. That was a load on the little machine. And I ended up with a white
> powder.
> What's the best way to store brown sugar? I have a Tilia food vac sealer
> with alot of accessories.

I had the same problem just storing the brown sugar in the bag in the
pantry. I bought a set of plastic storage containers from JC Penny's
online store. They come in a set for flour, sugar, and brown sugar. My
BS is not 2 years old yet. After 12 months everything seems to be
holding up well. I keep the ingredients in the bag when in the container.

-G