Posted to alt.food.vegan
[email protected] tunderbar@hotmail.com is offline

Default what about the plants rights?

lid wrote:
> Your reading to much comic strips? ;o)
> you can go as far as you like, why not go to the microscopic lives?
> We kill billions virusses, bacterial lifeform etc...

Or algaes.....which some sick *******s do eat. Spirulina and Chlorella.

http://www.btinternet.com/~bury_rd/algae.htm

How dare we consume any living creature.

> Or nano-lifeforms we even don't know it excist..?
>
> There is a big difference, animals have the same as we do!
> They do all the things just like you/we do, plants don't!!!
>
> Just like we, animals have, eyes, ears, skin, legs, tongues, noses, .....

And the better to eat other animals with. Many animals eat other
animals. In fact most animals eat other animals.

> Just like we, do animals run away by danger

>From what.... predators. Other animals that eat animals.

> Just like we, animals have the same feelings as we

The feeling of satiation and good health from eating other animals.

> Just like we, animals want to live, not to have suffering pain or to be killed!

But, alas, some must die. That is nature and the cycle of life. At
least most humans try to be humane when killing their prey. Some
animals, like wolves and lions, will start eating the larger preys
before they are even dead. I've seen nature shows where lions start
eating a water buffalo on the haunches while it is still looking around
and trying to find a way out of the situation. Now that is cruel.

Although I like to eat some live things too. Clams, oysters and
scallops cut live out of the shell, taste so good. You cut the main
muscle out of the fresh live scallop and bite down on it and you can
feel it contract against your teeth. It tastes sooooo good.

And fish should be filletted while it is still moving or immediately
after you smash it on the head with a stick or with the dull side of
the knife blade or with the butt of the knife. Freshest is bestest.

> Plants can't walk as we or animals do.....etc etc.....

But they have life and they do feel stresses and they react to it. When
stressed, they emit sounds outside of human ear range.

> we are not made for eating meat or diary!

Actually, that is exactly what we were "made for". That is the nature
of our evolution. We are mainly carnivorous omnivores. We have our eyes
in front for best depth perception when hunting down the prey. We have
poor peripheral when compared to typical prey animals who need to
peripheral vision to protect against predators. We have the short
intestinal tract of a meat eater. We have the tearing teeth of a
predator. We use and adapt tools for hunting and trapping and fishing.
It is our most basic nature to eat meat.

> We are from nature born fructorists, only to eat fruit!

Bwahhhhaaaaaahhhhaaaaa!

Here is a recent study that may give you some insight:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...l=chi-news-hed

***
Study: Veggies could stem mental decline

By Ronald Kotulak
Tribune science reporter
Published October 23, 2006, 8:50 PM CDT

Eating two or more servings of vegetables a day may slow a person's
mental decline by about 40 percent compared with a person who consumes
few vegetables, according to a six-year study of nearly 4,000 Chicago
residents age 65 or older.

Consuming lots of fruit did not appear to offer the same mental
protection, although fruit has been associated with a wide variety of
other health benefits, said Martha Clare Morris, chief of Rush
University Medical Center's Rush Institute for Healthy Aging.

****

If we were designed to eat only fruits, then the results of this study
would be the reverse.

> Oh and as we look to energy is veganism the cheapest , healthy way to save our planet, animals and even other people
> who has nothing to eat!

Cheap has nothing to do with health. And veganism is anything but
healthy. It has been shown repeatedly to lead to malnourishment,
especially when forced onto children.

And I am not interested in saving the planet, I am only interested in
feeding my family the healthiest way possible. And that includes the
most nutrient-dense food available, meat.

> But, we are fantastic in destroying our own world

My part of the world is clean and healthy. I do not live in a filthy
polutted city. I live in the clear air of the country and I drink clean
water and eat fresh whole foods and animals that are well raised and
well-fed and humanely harvested. Sustainability is not an issue for my
part of the world.

> Just like we animals have illness, scared....

And malnourished vegans have more illness. Go ahead and eat sprouts and
soy all you want, that'll just leave more real nourishment, like meat,
for us healthy strong meateaters. My kids will kick your kids asses,
physically and mentally. My well fed healthy children will surpass your
sickly vegan kids in every measure of health and ability. And your
ridiculous sacrifice to save the planet will just help keep meat prices
down for me and my family.

TC